11 Relaxing Self-Care Activities For Any Rainy Day
Ah, rainy days. Since I live in Miami, summer is synonymous with storm season. Which means, with all the sunshine we get comes to a whole lot of rain, and while I can’t go to the beach, I can sure get some sleep and take a hot bath with a mug of London fog tea.
Rainy days can be perfect for a day of self-care, rest, relaxation, and going the things we enjoy. Being in my 20s, there are times I want to go out and have fun with my friends, but then I find myself getting a bit worn out and craving a day of relaxation. Rainy days have become some of my favorites, and I can read a new book, light a scented candle, take a bath and just enjoy falling asleep to soft rain pitter-pattering outside my window.
If you’re looking for your own self-care ritual for a rainy day, here is a list of different things you can do to relax and heal.
1. Take a hot bath with lavender oil (or lots of bubbles!)
2. Do some yoga or pilates (you can find great videos online)
3. Paint or do a DIY craft
4. Read your favorite book
5. Curl up with some hot tea and watch your favorite show
6. Take a nap and fall asleep to the rain
7. Cook a recipe that has a lot of steps and takes a lot of time (this is very meditative)
8. Drink some lavender tea or make a London Fog tea latte
9. Warm up some coconut oil and give yourself a head massage
10. Give yourself an at-home pedicure
11. Put on a refreshing face mask and wash off with warm water
What do you like to do for relaxation on a rainy day? Comment below and tell me!